Information of our service during coronavirus
Our centres are currently closed for face-to-face appointments, but we're still offering impartial information, advice and guidance in other ways.
Our careers service are continuing to work to support Derbyshire residents and are open to referrals. This support will be by telephone, Skype, text or email and information on contacting career coaches is attached to this page.
The careers service offers impartial information, advice and guidance to adults on employment and learning. It is government funded and completely free of charge.
Anyone over the age of 19 can use the careers service advice and support.
Our staff are:
- experienced and qualified to a minimum of Level 4 in Information, Advice and Guidance
- friendly, supportive and adaptable to learner needs
- impartial and able to advise on and refer to a wide range of local provisions.
Delivered via one-to-one appointments, drop in sessions and group workshops, we provide support on a range of subjects including:
- course and training advice and information, including funding and signposting opportunities
- exploring volunteering and work experience including how to access opportunities across the county
- careers planning, help to understand the current labour market, identify transferable skills, new career paths and routes into employment
- covering letters, how to gain attention of prospective employers
- CV support, for those new to CVs or with an existing CV
- help to find new employment including tips, resources and advice on how to get the best from 'Find a job' social media and the hidden labour market
- guidance on how to build a winning application form and how this will support the interview phase
- interview skills, tips on planning and preparation, types of interview and questions to expect and how to positively promote abilities
All of our customers are offered further, personalised support after their initial intervention via:
- additional one to one appointments
- Derbyshire wide drop in sessions
- SMS or text
How to access the service
Contact Sarah Kelly, careers coach:
Contact Wendy Leigh, careers coach:
Contact Yvonne Power, careers coach:
Contact Chris Ellerington, careers coach:
North East Derbyshire
Contact Becky Stancill:
Contact Louise Wilson, team leader/careers coach: