During National Apprenticeship Week we are running two workshops for managers who would like to recruit a new apprentice or develop an existing employee in order to create talented teams and prevent future skills shortages.
The workshops will take place at County Hall on Monday 3 February and Thursday 6 February from 9.30am to 11.30am will cover the following key areas:
- how to incorporate apprenticeships into workforce plans and fill skills gaps
- the apprenticeship approval process
- how to recruit a new apprentice and how to use an apprenticeship to develop an existing member of staff
- supporting an apprentice and working with the training provider
- off the job training
- what happens at the end of an apprenticeship
- hear from an existing employee about how an apprenticeship has supported their professional development
- hear from a new apprentice and their manager about how they have benefitted from the apprenticeship programme
There will also be an opportunity to talk to someone after the event about what to do next.
If you would like to attend, please book using Derbyshire Learning Online. Just search for apprenticeships.