Derbyshire's new Cabinet announced
14 May 2021
Our newly-elected Administration has announced its intended key appointments ahead of our annual general meeting (AGM) on 26 May.
The Conservatives retained control of the county council in last week’s local elections, and now have 45 seats out of a total of 64.
The new Cabinet line-up – to be confirmed at our AGM on 26 May - is:
- Leader and Cabinet Member for Strategic Leadership, Culture, Tourism and Climate Change – Councillor Barry Lewis
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Corporate Services and Budget – Simon Spencer
- Cabinet Member for Adult Care – Natalie Hoy
- Cabinet Member for Infrastructure and Environment – Carolyn Renwick
- Cabinet Member for Highways Assets and Transport – Kewal Singh Athwal
- Cabinet Member for Education – Alex Dale
- Cabinet Member for Children’s Services and Safeguarding – Julie Patten
- Cabinet Member for Clean Growth and Regeneration – Tony King
- Cabinet Member for Health and Communities – Carol Hart
Trevor Ainsworth will remain the Council Chairman, with Jean Wharmby becoming the Civic Chairman, and David Wilson as Civic Vice Chairman. Stuart Swann will support the Cabinet in his role as the chief whip.