Working in partnership with Joined Up Care Derbyshire (JUCD), our Dis-Ability and neurodiversity employee networks and our health, safety and wellbeing team we have created an extensive service offer to best support colleagues living with health inequalities.
Delivered through a popular range of physical activity classes, workshops, training courses and support groups and cafés, the wellbeing team offers a wealth of targeted support for colleagues with disabilities, hidden disabilities, neurodiversity and / or long- term health conditions, helping to promote disability equality and inclusivity.
To support UK Disability History Month, a range of online support groups/cafés are available to support colleagues with disabilities, long-term health conditions and neurodivergence.
As a part of awareness, throughout the month we will be sharing information about different types of disabilities and some personal stories shared by our colleagues. If you are visiting County Hall, don’t miss the display prepared by the Dis-Ability Inclusion Network in the reception.
Dis-Ability and neurodiversity employee networks
Our networks offer support and share knowledge to empower everyone to be inclusive, recognising ability and proactively supporting colleagues. They focus on the possibilities and opportunities.
Networks have Teams channels with a wealth of resources and there is always somebody to talk to, whether you just need 5 minutes to talk it out, or if you want to ask for wider support, we even raise anonymous questions for those who need help but don't want to ask directly.
In addition, networks meet regularly through MS Teams and are open to any employee, not only for employees with a disability, but also their managers and colleagues who want to understand and learn how to be better allies.
- Dis-Ability Network online meeting focusing on ‘health literacy’, Wednesday, 22 November from 12pm to 1pm
- Dis-Ability Network hybrid meeting (County Hall) ‘Christmas Catch Up’ with a guest speaker from Hearing Help UK, Thursday, 7 December from 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Neurodiversity Network online meeting discussing neurodiversity in the workplace, Wednesday, 20 December, 12pm to 12.45pm
To join the network, receive invites to future meetings or for more information please email email@example.com
JUCD online sessions
Supporting your team with a health condition or disability
A group for managers and leaders. Learn and share ideas on supporting members of staff with a long-term health condition or disability. Thursday 14 December, 11am to 11.45am.
Returning to work following ill health
A relaxed and supportive group to promote your health and wellbeing when returning to work following sickness or absence. Thursday 16 November (running weekly), 10am to 10.45am.
A friendly space for colleagues who identify as neurodivergent to connect, chat, share advice and support each other. Monday 20 November, 2pm to 2.45pm.
Working with a health condition support café
A safe space for colleagues living with a chronic health condition, hidden illness, or disability. Build connections with peers, share experiences, and find out about the support available. Friday 24 November, 10am to 10.45am.
JUCD online workshops
A range of online workshops across UK Disability History Month to support colleagues living with health inequalities. This includes:
- Autism training - living well with autism for frontline professionals: Tuesday 21 November, 1pm to 5pm and Tuesday 12 December, 10am to 1pm.
- Neurodiversity in focus - strategies for workplace stress: Thursday 23 November, 9.30am to 10am
- Hidden disability awareness: Wednesday 6 December, 2pm - 2.45pm
- Embracing neurodiversity in the workplace: Thursday 7 December, 12pm to 1pm
- Improve your respiratory health: Friday 8 December, 1pm to 2pm
- Negative thinking patterns workshop: Monday 11 December, 12pm to 12.45pm
- Inclusive festivities - honouring neurodiversity this season: Monday 18 December, 9.30am to 10am
JUCD network and booking sessions
Colleagues can also join the JUCD Teams online Disability and Wellbeing Network on Monday 27 November from 1pm to 2.30pm.
All support sessions are free of charge and can be booked on Joined Up Care Derbyshire online booking system.
The supportive sessions are led by JUCD’s health improvement advisors with assistance from additional services, such as staff networks, occupational health, HR, IT, and union reps. Sessions often include keynote guest speakers.
For further information about colleague/manager disability support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the full range of support sessions and webinars available you can view the Joined Up Care Derbyshire wellbeing timetable.