Monday, 13 November, 3pm to 4pm, online session
In our work to advance equality, diversity and inclusion we have found many colleagues and leaders asking us 'how can I support others and be a better ally?' or more fundamentally 'What is allyship?
Organised as a part of the national Trans Awareness Week which takes place between 13 and 16 November, the webinar will explore the topic of allyship and provide some practical steps we all can take in the workplace and when engaging with others.
Hosted by our employee Pride Network, this conversation-based session will be facilitated in partnership with Sarah Barley-McMullen the Chair of Pride in Belper and founder of 'Belonging to Change'.
The session is open to all employees, managers and partner organisations.
Register for Understanding Allyship
For more information, please contact our employee Pride Network at email@example.com
Creating LGBT+ inclusive spaces
Wednesday, 13 December, 3.45pm to 5pm, online session
Everyone should feel free to be themselves, feel safe, feel seen, feel supported and feel like they belong.
Join our employee Pride Network for this online session to learn how to make workplaces and educational spaces LGBT+ inclusive. Facilitated by Jo Brassington (they/them), an educator, trainer and writer specialising in LGBTQ+ education and trans awareness, the session will focus on:
- sharing the lived educational experience of LGBT+ people
- becoming conscious of the additional barriers LGBT+ young people may face
- becoming conscious of the historical and current statutory guidance and legislation relating to LGBT+ inclusion
- building confidence through a common inclusive language in relation to LGBT+ identities
- building confidence and competence reimagining educational spaces, and making them more diverse, equitable and inclusive for LGBT+ people
- providing an opportunity for discussions, questions and answers.
We especially encourage colleagues supporting and working with young people, including those who identify as LGBT+ themselves. We also extend the invite to colleagues from our partner organisations.
Register for Creating LGBT+ inclusive spaces
For more information, please contact employee Pride Network at firstname.lastname@example.org