Five ways to wellbeing
22 May 2020
We’ve been sharing messages of kindness this week as part of mental health awareness week but as well as showing kindness to others, it’s important to be kind to yourself.
One of the ways you can do that is by looking after your mental wellbeing and evidence suggests there are 5 steps you can take to help make improvements. These are connect, be active, take notice, keep learning and give.
You can still follow the five ways to wellbeing even during these uncertain times:
- Connect – There are lots of way to connect with friends and family without being in the same place, such as Skype, instant messaging and email.
- Get active – current rules allow unlimited outdoor exercise provided you stay 2 metres away from other people and there are lots of online fitness classes you can do at home.
- Keep learning – whether it's crafts, instruments, languages or CDP to help you in your role, there are lots of options available.
- Give to others – Could you spare some time to call someone who is lonely, or help out in your local community?
- Take notice – take some time for calm reflection. That may be hard at the moment but it’s important to pause every once in a while.
You can find out more about the 5 ways to wellbeing and remember, there is support for you if you need it.