Learn how to stay safe online during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
12 October 2023
Get help with staying safe online with free webinars organised for Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Setting strong passwords, downloading the latest software updates and learning how to spot a phishing scam are among the issues covered in webinars we're running in partnership with Derbyshire Police.
- residents: Friday 20 October 2023 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- parents, grandparents, carers: Thursday 26 October 2023 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
The webinars focus on four areas to help you protect yourself from scammers and hackers.
- creating strong passwords and password management
- using multi-factor authentication
- recognising and reporting scams such as phishing (a technique used by scammers, usually by email, to get people to reveal important information, such as bank details)
- updating software
Find more information and to book a place.