Then how about volunteering to help our countryside colleagues at our Woodland Festival at Elvaston Castle Country Park on Saturday 16 or Sunday 17 September?
To say thank you, volunteers get a Woodland Festival Weekend ticket allowing them and fellow occupants of one car free entry to enjoy the festival all weekend.
It may suit you or someone you know - perhaps a young person looking for valuable volunteering experience or to add new skills to their CV? Or someone keen for good company, a sense of community and wanting to give something back? Volunteers must be over 18 or if 16 to 18 years old they must be accompanied by an adult. Roles include:
- meeting and greeting visitors
- helping to run activities and attractions on site
- car park marshalling
- ‘orientating’ visitors - helping them if they get lost!
- giving information and getting feedback
- setting up and dismantling of the festival gazebos
Tempted? We hope so. Find out more on the Woodand Festival webpage. You can also contact the Woodland Festival team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01629 533870 for an informal chat.