It aims to celebrate the rich and diverse contributions and influence south Asian community have made to British life and society from colleagues, family and friends in the community to artists, poets, intellectuals and sports people within British arts, sciences, law, sport and other fields.
The theme this year is ‘Stories to Tell’ – Celebrate, Commemorate and Educate.
We are looking for contributions – this can be anything from:
- stories and pictures of family and friends in traditional clothing
- what South Asian Heritage Month means to you
- what traditions are celebrated from your country and heritage? What are the key things that others can learn?
- events happening from now until September and beyond
- traditional south Asian recipes
- history and role model articles.
If you would like to contribute in any way, please email EqualityAndDiversity@derbyshire.gov.uk by 18 August 2023.