Take the next step on your leadership journey
13 May 2022
Boldness, innovation, embracing change and thinking and doing things differently are all essential to our success in achieving our collective vision for Derbyshire.
To support our leaders and managers as we move forward as an enterprising and dynamic council, we’re expanding our programme of leadership and management apprenticeships in partnership with the University of Derby and Derbyshire Adult Community Education Services.
While supporting personal aspirations and continuous professional development, the benefits that leadership development offers are far reaching. This is an opportunity for successful individuals to:
- develop core leadership competencies and enhanced leadership confidence and performance
- be at the forefront of significant cultural change within our organisation by driving projects that are aligned to work-based challenges
- achieve a leadership and management apprenticeship which, depending on the level undertaken, could also include a qualification at foundation degree, degree or Masters level at no personal financial cost as the funding is covered by the Apprenticeship Levy
- support your academic progress with the support of a mentoring relationship throughout the duration of the programme (except level 3 apprentices who are not required to have a formalised mentor relationship)
- with the support of your line manager, dedicate 20% of your working time to leadership development
- register with a professional body e.g. Chartered Management Institute.
Find out how to apply for leadership apprenticeships.