Updates to our constitution
13 May 2022
An updated version of our constitution has been published which incorporates a number of amendments.
The main changes are to:
- include new Council Procedure Rules, a new Code of Conduct for Councillors and updated Members’ Allowances Scheme
- incorporate the terms of reference for the new Vision Derbyshire Joint Committee
- update the list of Trading Standards enforcement legislation
- make minor amendments so that the constitution reflects:
- the Managing Director role arising from new operating model
- the duties arising under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 and
- the new Whistleblowing Policy
- make minor amendments so that the constitution no longer refers to Cabinet member meetings (CabCos)
- provide delegated authority to the monitoring officer to make minor amendments to the constitution
Find a copy of the updated constitution on our Derbyshire Democracy website.