Long COVID can cover a large range of symptoms that persist for over 4 weeks after you first contracted COVID-19. You don’t need to have had a positive COVID-19 test to be experiencing symptoms of long COVID that may include fatigue, breathlessness and effects on mood and concentration.
We are offering all employees experiencing symptoms of long COVID access to the Joined Up Care Derbyshire staff support service (it is no longer only available to NHS and social care colleagues). To access the service you need to compete the self-referral form on Joined Up Care Derbyshireand return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A wellbeing telephone appointment will be made to welcome you to the service, get more information about your condition and explain the options available that may be suitable for you. The team will look at your case to make sure that you are directed to the correct service. These could be:
- getting self-help advice and guidance on supporting your mental health
- enrolment onto a 4-week psychoeducational programme ‘Coping with COVID’
- enrolment onto 4-week virtual physical rehabilitation classes of various levels depending on severity screening assessment and ongoing monitoring of vitals - this would be following a 2 week self-directed ‘lung stretching’ phase that links exercise recovery to lung, chest and mental recovery, without exacerbating fatigue
- referral onto acute services or step 3 level mental health support
- access to facilitated virtual peer support group
- information about various lifestyle and support services across Derbyshire that may be helpful
You will be contacted by email from the long COVID support service or a member of staff will make a an initial wellbeing call to the number you provided on your form.