Wellbeing strategy and action plan
Our wellbeing strategy sets out our approach to managing and improving the wellbeing of all our employees.
Workplace wellbeing is known to have a positive impact on happiness, engagement, recruitment and productivity. Improving the wellbeing of employees will improve the wellbeing of their families and the wider communities we serve.
We have developed a wellbeing strategy and action plan and ongoing work is continuing to focus on how best we can support our employees.
The strategy aims to:
- bring together all initiatives currently in place within the council that support and maximise the health, safety and wellbeing of employees
- ensure a safe working environment and culture of wellbeing
- clarify the roles and responsibilities for safety and wellbeing
- identify areas for development and enable improvement
- identify the measures by which we will assess whether our workplace wellbeing support and interventions have been successful and are targeted effectively