Laptops, PDAs, tablets
Information stored on portable equipment such as laptops and tablet PCs is at a higher risk from loss, theft or damage.
It's important to ensure that equipment, containing personal and sensitive data, are protected. All our laptops are encrypted.
Follow these steps to ensure you keep any sensitive information safe and secure:
- only use approved equipment for business purposes - using your own laptops or tablets for work purposes is not allowed
- make sure your devices are encrypted before using them - transformation services can help with this
- never save sensitive and personal data on the laptop or tablet hard drive
- keep your passwords private
- never leave your laptop or tablet unattended in public places
- never give your laptop or tablet to anyone else for safe keeping
- make sure sensitive information can't be seen when working in public places
- immediately report the loss of any equipment