We also look after people working in private companies who provide a public service. UNISON negotiates for better pay and conditions help individuals in trouble, campaigns for a safer, fairer society, and improved childcare at affordable prices.
UNISON is Britain's biggest union, representing over 1.3 million people across the UK's public services and essential utilities.
This branch comes under East Midlands UNISON along with another 82 branches within Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire.
Derbyshire County UNISON Branch
In person: Derbyshire County UNISON has its branch office at Chatsworth Hall, Matlock. You may visit the branch from 8:45am to 5pm.
Tel: 01629 582266 or ext: 6047 or ext: 6048
Fax: 01629 580322
Derbyshire County Unison
If you need help urgently from UNISON, it is best to try and get in touch with your branch or workplace rep as soon as possible. If you don't know who this is, or aren't sure who to call, ring our hotline tel: 0845 355 0845 for help and advice. UNISONdirect is open from 6am to midnight, Monday to Friday and from 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
There's also a text phone number for members with hearing difficulties, call 0800 0 96 79 68.
There is also a steward's helpline tel: 0800 0 923 924.
UNISON East Midlands Regional Office
Tel: 0115 8475400
Textphone: 0115 8475462
Fax: 0115 8475422
The main entrance to the UNISON Regional Centre is on Pelham Road.
1 Mabledon Place
Tel: 020 7388 2366
Fax: 020 7387 6692
Textphone: 020 7387 4902
Reasons to join UNISON
Being a UNISON member gives you a huge range of benefits including:
- unrivalled protection and representation at work
- individual representation on work related issues, including grievance or disciplinary action
- collective representation through negotiations on pay and conditions of service
- health and safety guidance and support, promoting safe practices at work
- fight inequalities at work - we have branch officers specially working for black, disabled, lesbian and gay and women members
- legal services including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families
- pensions advice
- a special hotline, UNISONdirect, for help and advice on workplace issues
- education and training advice, leading to vocational and professional qualifications
- special deals on tax returns, holidays, mortgage car breakdown services, insurance and credit cards
Did you know
UNISON has won more than £35 million in injury settlement payments for its members last year, has fought many high profile equal pay claims around the country, and is a major influence on government policy such as the minimum wage.
UNISON is the country’s first carbon neutral trade union, thanks to its policy of reducing greenhouse gas emissions through its partnership with Future Forests and the planting of thousands of trees across the UK.
The following are members of unions: Michael Owen, David Beckham, Blur, So Solid Crew, Craig David and Kylie Minogue.
Most people join and stay in UNISON to get the best representation and support at work when they need it and to have a say over their working lives. But UNISON members also receive superb membership benefits that can save them money and give added value on a wide range of services - a package not matched by any other trades union!
Whether you're a UNISON member but haven't yet taken advantage of these great deals, or are still thinking about joining, you could save the cost of your subscription many times over.
How to join
You can join UNISON online.
Telephone UNISONdirect and request for an application form to be sent to you.
Ask your local representative or contact us.
Print a copy of UNISON's application form attached to this page. Complete and post the form to us using our Freepost address.
Union contributions are related to your pay - the less you earn the less you pay. Subscription rates are shown on the application form.