Skip to content

Travelling to work

This section covers your journey to work and how you can claim travel expenses while at work.

Travel claims

Claims for car mileage and associated expenses (parking) should be made monthly via WorkPlace or on form C06(a) which should be submitted to the Shared Services Centre.

HMRC rates apply for all mileage claims as follows and are not subject to tax:

  • 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles
  • 25p per mile thereafter
  • 5p per mile can be claimed for each approved passenger

Public transport rate of 16.4p per mile is applicable for specific post-entry training and trade union duties claimed from us.

All rail travel is by standard class only.

Information on travel alternatives and sustainable travel can be found on Smarter Travel.